Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! The entire family gets together either at my place or my brothers and we all cook, play cards and just laugh about old times! My sister is stationed in Germany and one of my brother's is in Maryland so it is definitely a treat when all of us can come together! Now we all have kids and I am the grandma so our kids enjoy laughing at all of our old stories too!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
#1 - Their eyes look a little tired but seem focused and persistent
#2 - hmm..I see a little worry and anxiety but strength.
#3 - Deep, passionate, soft yet intense
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
They're Back! Those wonderful Church Bulletins! Thank God for church ladies with typewriters. These sentences (with all the BLOOPERS ) actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:
- The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
- The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."
- Ladies, don't forget the . It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smileat someone who is hard to love. Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.
- Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- there will be tryouts for the choir. They need allthe help they can get.
- and Jessie Carter were married inthe church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- A bean supper will be held in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the e sermon topic will be "WhatIs Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Eight new are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superentertainment and gracious hostility.
- Potluck supper - prayer and medication to follow.
- The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement .
- This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held . All ladies are invited to lunch in the after the B. S. is done.
- The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will . Pleaseuse the back door.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement . The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First PresbyterianChurch. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
Saturday, June 20, 2009
My top five favorite things about summer are:
- Every other year 4 of us divas go on vacation together. This year we are going to Montego Bay. A couple of years ago we went to Aruba! I LOVED it!
2. Spending time with my grand daughter! She is getting so big!
3. Going to the Zoo! I love nature and animals! It makes me feel close to God!