Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why Etsy? Blog Carnival

What made you open a shop on Etsy? What do you like about being a seller on Etsy? What don't you like?

I had been selling on Ebay for a couple of years and was growing tired of how saturated it had become and its off the chart fees. Fact is though I happened upon Etsy. I was doing a search for a particular item I was looking to buy and Etsy came up as a place that someone offered it. I saved Etsy to my favorites out of curiosity and several months later, I finally looked around at the site, liked what I saw and opened up my Unique Commodities Etsy shop on April 11th, 2007. While I greatly enjoy the team spirit of Etsy and love all of the new online relationships I have built, it seems IMPOSSIBLE for jewelry sellers to get much exposure. So many people are selling it and the fact is as soon as you post so are 10,000 other jewelry sellers. The search criteria is HORRIBLE. Even when I search for my own items after posting, sometimes I can’t find them!

But overall, being a part of the Etsy team has been a positive experience even if all I get to do on it is network and have a few good laughs with a great online friends!

3 comments:

ChezChani said...

I agree, the Etsy community is wonderful. I have (virtually) met so many people through my Etsy team and now hopefully, through Etsy bloggers. But I sure am not makin money with Etsy. Sold a few things but not much. I think with jewelry it's a deficit to not be able to have people pick things up and try them ont.

storybeader said...

yes, my blog has become more important to me than my Etsy shop. The shop has become a holding place to point people to. I agree with all the jewelers out there - many,many,many....

Memories for Life said...

Glad you came to Etsy :) The team wouldn't be the same without you!
EtsyBloggers Rock!!!