What is your favorite fairy tale? Any parallels to real life?
You know I really did not have an absolute favorite fairy tale but I love Cinderella's story. I loved that she was a young lady of noble character, a good spirit and a humble heart in spite of being
continually abused and mistreated by her Step mother and step sisters! She always kept her spirits up and I don't recall EVER hearing her complain about her circumstances. I always wondered where her slack father was though! Looks like Step mom ran the show and HIM! I loved that she got to go to the ball after all wearing a beautiful dress, gorgeous glass slippers and got to ride in that lovely carriage. I wanted those slippers by the way! LOL! In the end, good won over the mean spirited and cruel and she got her charming Prince. You can not ask for much more than that.
There are a number of parallel to real life one could make.
- Good in the long run prevails.
- Treat people like you want to be treated - Cinderella did
- Never give up! Good things come to those who persevere
- Never give up on your dreams no matter what the naysayers do or say!
- Love in spite of!
- See the good in all circumstances and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel
- Sing and dance a lot
- It is not where you start but where you finish and I would say Cinderella finished strong!!