Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Make A Plan - How do I intend to use my blog for promotions and sales?

One thing I learned from the Block Head Rod Talk show was that I needed to sit down and make a plan for how I intended to use my blog for promotions and sales. How do I want it to look and how do I promote? Funny thing is I NEVER did this. I created my blog in order to be a part of the Etsybloggers team. I did start to enjoy it once I got started but my purpose and focus have evolved since I started blogging. With all that said I took John’s words to heart. Fact is I have felt quite aimless the past few months..not knowing what I am doing and why, joining everything under the sun with no sense of purpose though everything I joined has the potential to serve to advance my business. So where do I go from here? Well first things first. I need to be a student and take John’s advice.

How do I intend to use my blog for promotions and sales?

Promote other sites with the first priority being to my Etsybloggers Team members. Goal: Driver bloggers to my blogsite and then to my Etsy Store hopefully to make a purchase
Allow other artist (Etsy or not) to advertise on my site. I am a little green at this so will ask John the best way to go about this because truly I am clueless though know that I want to have multiple means of income.
Share my personal life – I want the readers/bloggers to see that I am a real person with struggles and joys just like the rest of the world. I want to be personable.
Post pics of my items as I create them. Allows the customer to see my creative process and know that it truly is hand made and to see that I work hard to develop a quality product. Besides I know people are quite visual!
Post actual sales items on my shop – Now UNTIL John mentioned this I SERIOUSLY never thought about it. I think I was more intimidated by the thought of figuring out how to do it than anything. Now that I know I have access to support and based on John’s explanation that it really is not that difficult! I am ready to give it a try.
BLOG CONSISTENTLY – I know that the more I blog, the more exposure I will get and hopefully the more sales I will get!
Networking with other Bloggers – Use my blog by whatever means to meet other bloggers and creative artist to learn from, share experiences and ideas with. I am confident this will help my sales and build upon my blog exposure!

Those are the things I have in mind so far. Please feel free to share your thoughts and offer your feed back.

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Those are great plans on how to use your blog and they pretty much are the same intentions I have for mine. I'll be following to see how you carry everything out. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do next and how to get people from my blog to my shop. You certainly gave me some points to ponder!

storybeader said...

I don't have a business plan, but decided I can't be everywhere at once. Because the entrecard bring people to my blog, I'll continue that. And I have to drop in at least once a day and say hi on the etsy forum.

I have a favorite blog reading list, which seem to get longer every day...and I need to blog more often. I think selling yourself gets kinda old, but that's me. I like a variety of things going on...

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I think it sounds like a great plan - I'm working on a lot of tips from last weeks show myself!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see this Unique. If you ever have any questions or if there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

http://blockheadradio.blogspot.com